Monday, August 3, 2009

Come on Lucky Number 7

So this is my second round of PowerBall with the ladies at work. We are all so desperate to win that we are gladly dropping $10/week on this stupid game. But I mean who can resist a $60M+ cash payout? Seriously, I've already played out how the entire thing would go should I win (this is a sad lonely thought, believe me, I realize that). So I figured I would share it with you all. I mean I know you can't wait to hear about it right? Here goes:
  1. Upon realizing I have hit the jackpot I will scream at the top of my lungs. This will be followed by a series of bouts of crying in which I will simultaneously cry and laugh at the same time.
  2. I will call my mother - we will both go through the screaming and crying and laughing bit. It will be a special moment.
  3. I will walk into my office in jeans and a t-shirt, proceed straight to my HR office and let them know that I am officially richer than they could ever dream of being and I will no longer need the employment services of the organization. Tooldes Bitches.
  4. I will call my mother's work and give them her 2 week's notice. My father's job, well hell that's a joke anyway, he'll just stop going b/c its not lucrative, as is, for him to show up on a daily basis.
  5. I will go on a vacation. I will purchase this on my Visa, without even receiving the first check b/c it will be amazing to just book a last minute vacation without even thinking about how much it will cost. I have a $25K limit so I figure I can book something pretty freaking nice.
  6. I will spend my money in the following ways:
  • I will give my mother and father $1M
  • I will give my sister's $750K each
  • I will buy a house in NYC, Miami, Va Bizzle, Aspen, Madrid, Venice, Nice (please keep in mind I will only be extravagant on a few, the others will just be large condos to "visit" during my time off). There will be more but I need to travel more, which leads me to...
  • I will travel. I will spend the next year of my life not working, but traveling and exploring the world. I will allocate a fund of $250K just for traveling. I won't be ridiculous and I'll be smart with the money. I don't need to stay at a 5-star every time I go somewhere. It will be glorious.
  • I will put $3M in a multitude of high-interest savings accounts. I can live off of the interest alone.
  • I will purchase a boat, not a huge boat, but a boat that I like, that my friends and family can enjoy - I'm allocating $100K to this purchase (and throw in some jet skis).
  • I will take my entire family on a fully-paid island vacation to the tune of $100k+
  • I will invest the rest

So that's the plan for right now...yea I'd give some away to charity, don't get your panties in a bunch. Now, let's all say a little prayer together and hope that I win this thing on Wednesday. My whole future is banking on it daaaammmiinnnnttt.

No comments: