Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Almost a year later...nothing but randomness

Just a rant and catch up today:

Work is driving me insane. We have this internal website called "HomeSite" in which news and other things are published. Yet, none of what is posted is actual News. The sad thing is people find this crap really important. Like "drive slowly through the neighborhood" and "make sure you throw your ciggarettes into the smoke towers"...really people? Really, our company is under fire on the reg and there are rumors about layoffs circulating and the best you can come up with is watch your speed and flick your cig in the right place? Man, if only my job were so easy.

Now about my job. Its a cluster F. I don't even actually know who I report to anymore, let alone my future in my organization. I've been working on this Treasury web site and no one else in my team has any involvement. Correction, no one else in the company has any involvement. So its a bit difficult to decipher my position here. Of course I'm getting the empty promises of promotions (I'm now going on year 3 of that same promise...yea I'm onto the game folks). So I've decided to try and jump ship. In this economy, it isn't going as well as expected.

I've been applying to positions down in South Florida, to no avail. Wish times were a little better, but not extreme like they were previously, so I could find a great company down there to get my foot in the door. I know what you are thinking, but you have this great job here in DC, and all of your friends. But let me spell this out for you. My "great" job is awesome, I'm not going to lie about that, but I do 3 times the work of anyone here, the expectation has been set, and now I'm working such long hours that I hardly get a chance to eat dinner prior to 8pm, let alone work out anymore. My friends have all coupled up and don't really have time to be my friends. I found out a year or so ago that I was the best friend any person could have at any given time, but the same was not in order for my friends. My core group is gone and it saddens me, but we all have to grow up at some time right? I guess we are all growing apart or its just me. In my hopes to keep my self-esteem at an okay level I'm going with the first choice.

Okay, babbled enough. Who wants to help me find a job in good 'ole Sunny Florida? Or at least one here in DC that doesn't make me sit in a chair working on my secretary's spread all day. :)

No comments: