Thursday, October 18, 2007

Master Cleanse Day 2 & 3


Day 2: I had a weak moment, I almost had some carrot juice. I went to Trader Joe's to pick up some more lemons and maple syrup (and the right grade of organic this time) and I was just standing in the aisle with the smoothie drinks, wanting one sooo badly. So I said to myself "Self, what could a little pure carrot juice hurt?" So I picked it up, put in the basket, checked out, got into my car, opened it up, and...I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. I actually felt good about myself. I'm honestly pretty amazed at my willpower thus far. However, I am chewing gum. I don't care what anyone says, I need a break from water products. I'm chewing gum while I workout (yes I have a TON of energy and can't exactly explain why) and it makes me feel better. I don't feel like that nasty feeling on my tongue while I'm working out, so yes, I am chewing gum. SWF last night was pretty bad. I mean I drank it and 20 minutes later I could barely stand up.

Day 3: I am having some pains today in my lower back and lower stomach. I can't decide if its from hunger,or from working out, or if its my kidneys completely shutting down, lol. Actually that isn't a laughing matter. I have some serious issues with my kidneys and this detox is supposed to help. Good lawrd I hope its doing more help that damage. I haven't stepped on the scale again, b/c well, its only day 3 and I can't imagine I've lost very much. I mean I look exactly the same and I usually notice if I'm losing anything and seriously, can't say that I am. I'm a little worried b/c I'm supposed to go hang out with my girlfriend who is in town visiting her parents tonight and I just don't want to be confronted with food or wine b/c I'm afraid I'll give in to both. OR if I have really great willpower I'll be able to be confronted and have NEITHER!! Pray for me. I'm scared to do the SWF tonight....I just don't know if I can handle that again. Sigh. I'm also worried b/c my sister is coming tomorrow night and she wants to go to dinner. But I know I can't eat food and I think if I tried I would vomit. Honestly the thought of eating at a restaurant makes me want to vomit right now. Anyhooo, I'll write more tomorrow!!

No comments: