Friday, October 2, 2009

Moldy Peppers...WAIT A MINUTE!


So my mother sends my sister's and me this email about 10 minutes ago.  I'm dying laughing.  Not only is this shit haaalareous, but its hard to believe it happens in real life. If you knew my mother, the sound of her voice, and the sound of her awesome laughter, that would make this email even better.  I kid you not my sisters and I are dying right now.  Also please note my mother's connection to the peppers and the individual, so f'ing funny.

________________________________________


From: My Mother

Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 4:17 PM

To: Me & My Sisters

Subject: Interpretation - please



Today we had a salesman come in for one of the local Latino newspapers. He was rather a strange person. [Coworker] and I spoke to him for about a ½ hour where he was trying to convince us to buy an ad in his paper. He finally says that he has something for us and proceeds to pull a baggie out of his shirt pocket. I could see that the contents were red and thought it might be a key chain or something different. It was different all right – he pulls out dried red peppers which he says are from his garden and he wants to share them with us. He didn’t even have a new baggie to put them in – just shakes the four dried things onto the table. [Coworker] noticed that one was old and had mold on it. He then started talking about growing string beans and corn on the cob. He said he loved growing things because he really liked watching the growth process and how the bugs interact with the plants. He later went into great detail about his 9 foot corn stalk and how silky the four ears of corn were. I think he finally ended the conversation with saying it didn’t take much to turn him on. That’s when [Coworker] decided she had had enough and ended the conversation.


So, we are asking the questions, “who comes into an office and gives someone dried red peppers one of which is moldy?” We understand the Latino connection with salsa, etc. However, this just seems way too bizarre. We have laughed about it all afternoon. However, I am so glad we at least have two men working in the office with us. Are we just being paranoid? Mom

No comments: