Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Damn Scale

Let me first preface this by stating that I am by no means implying I am fat. According to Hollywood standards I am, but I don't live by those standards, I live by the real ones. However, in my quest to live a healthier and thinner life I've hit a brick wall. I know that as we age its impossible to maintain the same weight / dress size as our golden years, but come on now, can I catch a break? I'm not a bad eater, to be honest I usually only hit about 1300 calories a day. And of those 1300 calories its not like I'm really indulging or overly enjoying myself. I mean for Lawrd's sake I've taken to eating the 100 calorie Chips Ahoy packets instead of having the real thing. But still, no loss, not on the scale. I know its bad to weigh yourself. I've heard it time and time again "its not about the weight its about the inches" but I'm not half as good at measuring myself as I am weighing myself and staring in the mirror. Mostly its my arms and my stomach. I'm not sure what's happening but my legs have toned up and look great and my butt and back have followed suit. But the arms and the abs, that's a whole different story. My midsection is driving me to insanity. It doesn't matter how many crunches / ab workouts I do, its not getting any better. I need help...maybe I need to get a trainer...maybe I need to do more cardio (I already do 30 minutes each night)...maybe I need a corset, lol. I'm not sure, but I'm dying over here. I need to get back to my ideal weight (which is about 10 lbs lighter than I am now) and I have no idea how to get there. I'm not down with starving myself b/c I really really like food and I also have a tendency to easily pass out. I like working out, but I don't love it. I mean if I had it my way my day would not end with me dragging ass and heading to the gym b/c the gym pains me. *Sigh* I need some help and encouragement, anyone got some extra?

No comments: